Join us for our 12th year of fun-filled outdoor adventure at Magnuson Park! Our camps, classes, and field trips include hands-on nature exploration, crafts, songs, and games. Each also has a different theme and activities, to give your child a wide variety of natural world experiences.
Children who attend our programs experience the joy of discovery, the benefits of teamwork and sharing, and teaching others what they’ve learned. At the end of the day’s activities, expect some dirty knees and fingernails, along with your child’s happy smiles and an excited recitation of their adventures!
All are filled with fun, age-appropriate, hands-on activities that encourage curiosity and understanding of the natural world around us, such as:
- Planting, tending, harvesting, and snacking in our organically-grown P-Patch garden
- Creating nature art to decorate the Children’s Garden
- Exploring our worm bin
- Building homes for the creatures who live in the Children’s Garden
- Learning about the plants, animals, insects, birds, frogs, and other wildlife that live in the Magnuson Wetlands and other park habitats
- Hiking through the nearby grassland, forest, lakeshore, and wetland complex trails
- Playing nature-theme games
- Free play, story time, and quiet time
- Creating nature crafts to take home
- and more!